Sunday, July 28, 2013

Goodbye Summit

 
The last full day of the Jamboree I was scheduled to work from 7a to 3p.  That turned into working until 11p.  We had to completely disassemble our medical unit, inventory and pack our belongings.  I also had to get myself up to Colton's Basecamp so I would be ready to leave at 6:00 am with his troop.  Luckily, I got a ride because it was so late before I was able to leave.  I rode in the back of an ambulance for the first time and it was kind of fun.  I attempted to sleep a few hours but of course that was interrupted by a big rain storm.  Colton's troop started to break camp at 3:00 am while it poured rain.  Although I was excited to leave the Jamboree's rain, ambient showers and mud, it was hard to say goodbye to so many friends.  Until we meet again . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment