Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I made it to the Summit!!!

I arrived at the airport on time (didn't actually go to bed), made all connecting flights and made it safely to Charleston, WV. After a 90 minute bus ride and registration I finally made my way onto another bus that drove us into the Summit. The ground is very muddy from the daily downpours. At least my tent was already set up and provided shelter from the rain. I think I've already sweat off at least 5 lbs due to the heat and humidity. Two sets of bunk bed cots were nicely positioned inside the tent and still tightly secured in the manufacture packaging. I'm quite proud of myself for assembling them in the dark with a flashlight. I might melt or float away in a rain river before morning. I'll keep you posted . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment