Thursday, July 11, 2013

JULY 11

Well, I didn't melt or float away during the night.  This week the staff (all 6000 of us) eat at one dining hall.  The food has been great, but I have to walk 3 miles round trip to get a meal.  We've only had a few sprinkles today so maybe it can dry up some before all the scouts arrive.  After continuously sweating for the past 24 hours I decided I couldn't even stand my self let alone sit next to someone at dinner.  I braved the "ambient temperature" showers decided they weren't too bad in this hot muggy environment.  I don't think I will be turning down the water heater when I return home though.  It was fun seeing a familiar face every once in awhile.  I'm really glad Jeffrey K. finally made it to the Jamboree after an eventful two days of visiting various airports.  Today has been much better and I think I will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment